Thinking about tomorrow
World Arts is committed to the protection of the environment and conservation of natural resources. All aspects of our business, from the front office to our delivery methods, are continually evaluated for ways to reduce our environmental footprint.
- Use of recycled or recyclable paper from sustainable managed sources
- Use of Totally chlorine-free (TCF), Processed chlorine-free (PCF) or Elemental chlorine-free (ECF) papers.
Inks and Coatings
- Use of Vegetable-based inks — unlike Petroleum-based inks, Vegetable-based inks are a simple compound which means they are much more biode gradable and renewable.
- Vegetable-based inks are much easier to remove from paper in the recycling process, which means a reduction in the amount of energy needed to complete the recycling process.
- Vegetable-based ink, AQ and UV coatings contain very low or trace amounts of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) which means less harmful components are used that can damage the atmosphere
- Use of Isopropyl Alcohol (IPA) free or low content dampening solutions during the printing process reduces VOC emissions into the environment Computer-To-Plate (CTP)
- Computer-To-Plate technology eliminates a chemically intensive stage in the printing process
- Scrap paper
- Metal plates
- Excess ink and chemistries